If you suffer from chronic tinnitus that just will not go away, here are two natural ways to help reduce or even cure your tinnitus.
1. Visit Your Chiropractor
If you want to experience relief from your chronic tinnitus, schedule a visit with your chiropractor. Let your chiropractor know that you suffer from tinnitus and be prepared to explain in detail how your tinnitus affects your life. Since the experience of tinnitus can vary greatly from person to person, your chiropractor will want to know:
- Which ear or ears are affected
- When the ringing first started, and what was happening in your life at that time.
- Has the ringing changed over time? Has it gotten louder? Softer?
- Is there is a particular time of day when you notice it the most?
Additionally, since tinnitus is technically considered a symptom and not a disease, your chiropractor will want to know if you have sought any additional medical assistance and if the underlying cause for your tinnitus has been diagnosed. It can be difficult to find a cause, so if you don't know yet, be sure to let your chiropractor know what causes other medical professionals have ruled out. All of this information will help your chiropractor determine the best course of treatment.
Oftentimes one of the contributing causes of tinnitus is due to a misalignment in your neck. This misalignment can happen naturally or may be the result of some trauma that you experienced. The vertebra at the top of your neck is connected to all of your sinus nerves. Additional vertebra in your upper neck are also connected to other nerve endings that are directly linked to your ear. If any of these vertebrae are misaligned, it can cause stress to your nerves and may be a contributing factor to your tinnitus. Your chiropractor will do a physical exam as well as take an x-ray to determine if you suffer from any misalignments. They will then use this information to adjust your spine and hopefully provide you with some relief.
It is important to note that your tinnitus may not go away right away; it may take multiple treatments for you to find relief. For more questions about chiropractic treatment, visit centers like the Olson Chiropractic Centers.
2. Improve Your Diet
If you do not have a balanced diet, changing your diet could help you combat your tinnitus. There are many different foods you can add to your diet that will help your body fight off tinnitus.
Here are a few foods you should incorporate more regularly into your diet:
- Garlic: Try to add as much raw garlic as possible to your diet. If you don't like chowing down on raw garlic, you can take a garlic supplement pill. Garlic is a well-known natural anti-inflammatory. It could reduce any swelling inside of your ear that is contributing to your tinnitus.
- Shellfish, Crab, Tofu, Bran, Cheese And Eggs: All of these foods contain vitamin B-12. Many individuals who suffer from tinnitus also have a deficiency of vitamin B-12 in their systems. Increasing foods that contain vitamin B-12 could help your body fight off the tinnitus you are experiencing.
- Spinach, Kale, Legumes: All of these foods contain lots of magnesium and zinc. Increasing the levels of magnesium and zinc in your system could also reduce the severity of your tinnitus.
Adding more vegetables to your diet, and consuming more foods that contain vitamin B-12 is an easy way to ensure that your body has all the right vitamins it needs to fight the tinnitus that you are experiencing.
If you have been suffering from tinnitus for an extended period of time, visiting your chiropractor and changing your diet may bring you the relief from ringing that you seek.Share